We support the last two stable versions of the browsers that we see the vast majority of our visitors actually use. This does not include beta/dev releases, which are not supported.
Supported browsers, in practice, based on the above guideline:
- Firefox (current version status from Wikipedia)
- Chrome (current version status from Wikipedia)
- Opera (current version status from Wikipedia) Presto-based Opera is not supported
- Safari (current version status from Wikipedia) Exception: Safari version 13.1+, Safari on Windows
- Edge (current version status from Wikipedia)
- Internet Explorer, version 11 only. This browser is mostly supported on a "because it works" basis. Support may be dropped in the future; videos will for sure be playable in IE11 until Windows 7 End Of Life in January 2020.
- Android browser (including Chrome for Android) Supported: 4.0 and up.
- Mobile Safari (iPhone browser) Supported: the versions that come with iOS 9 and up.
Supported operating systems for recording:
- Windows 64-bit (7, 8.1, 10)
- Mac OS (10.10+) Some features may not be available on older systems.
Note: The VidGrid recorder is not supported by iPhone, iPad, or Chromebook. However, you can record natively on your iOS or Android device and upload to VidGrid. Visit app.vidgrid.com to upload from your mobile device.