Note: To have Interactive Captions enable for your account, please reach out to your Account Manager. If you are looking for help adding captions to a video, check out this article.
- Search video captions from within the video
- Click the caption on the video or search icon on the right of the video to open the caption slideout.
- Use the search bar at the top to find specific words mentioned in the video
- Use up and down keys to cycle through results
- Jump to specific position on click
Download caption transcript
- Click the download icon to get the .VTT file transcription from the video
Video creators/editors can edit captions within the video
- Double click on caption line or click the edit icon in the top right to enable edit
- Make caption corrections and hit enter or click out of the text box to auto-save
- To edit multiple lines, click tab to go to the next line instead of enter to save
- Use spacebar to play the video when the caption sidebar is open
- Click on the refresh icon in the top right when you are finished editing to display new caption file on the video
Enable caption search for Viewers
- Change default for all videos: Account Settings > My account >Default Video Permissions > Enable "Allow viewers to search video captions" - Note: This will only affect new videos created.
- Change setting for a single video: Permissions > Enable "Enable caption search for viewers"
- ESC - clears out search when in focus
- Up/Down arrows - cycles through search results
- Spacebar - plays/pauses video
- Enter - edit/save caption line
- Tab - go to next line in caption file
Note: Searching from the searchbar on the top of the VidGrid app will pull up videos with captions/transcripts attached.