Recording your screen, audio, and webcam on VidGrid is extremely easy! Check it out:
Control Bar - before recording:
- Status bar: Shows the state of the recording.
- Record button: Starts or resumes the recording.
- Microphone icon: Used to select your audio input and shows current audio input levels.
- Webcam button: Toggles webcam on/off.
- Full screen icon: Allows you to record your entire screen.
- Gear icon: Includes various settings for the Recorder. Settings for Mac are on the task bar at the top of the screen (see below).
- Close icon: Closes or Minimizes the Recorder.
Control Bar - basic settings:
- Webcam only mode: When on, the recorder only captures content from your webcam and nothing on screen.
- Countdown toggle: When on, the recorder will countdown before starting the recording.
- Rapid recording toggle: Allows you to make multiple recordings in a row.
- Save videos: Saves a copy of your recording to your computer (this is recommended! See Re-uploading article).
- Restore recorder size: Recorder will remember previous recording dimensions for next time.
- Open video save folder: Directs you to where we save your recordings locally.
- HotKey settings: Displays HotKeys for Record/Pause, Stop, and Minimize/Maximize. More info
- About: Shows the version of recorder you have.
- Log Out: Logs you out of VidGrid.
Basic settings on Mac are available on the task bar at the top of the screen:
Recorder bounds and dimensions:
- Lock aspect ratio: Maintains a 16:9 aspect ratio while manually readjusting the recorder bounds.
- Current recording dimensions: Displays pixel width x height for your recording.
- Drop-down for preset dimensions: Common dimensions for 16:9 aspect ratio. For best playback view, select one of these options.
- Custom area tool: Select the Crop icon to drag around what you want to record (will not lock the 16:9 aspect ratio).
- Outer bounds of your recording: Everything inside these lines will be recorded.
Control Bar - during recording:
- Time clock: Shows the current time.
- Pause button: Pauses the recording.
- Trash icon: Cancels the current recording and starts over.
- Check button: Stops the recording and uploads it.
Control Bar - while paused:
- Revert: Go back to last pause in the recording to re-record section.
- Grab Icon: Move the recording area to another area of the screen.
From pause, you can finish or cancel your video. To resume your recording, select Resume.