VidGrid has a 5GB filesize limit, and some video formats don't work on our site. You can fix both of these issues by processing a video file before uploading it to VidGrid: this will shrink the file size significantly without a noticeable loss of quality, and standardize the video's file format. To do this, we'll use an Open Source, community-made free tool called "Handbrake":
- Download Handbrake from https://handbrake.fr/ and install, or download the portable version if you don't have install permission on your computer.
- Open the Handbrake program and choose your video by clicking "File" under source selection: (You also can click "File > Choose Source")
3. Don't worry about all the settings: find "Destination file > Browse" and save the output file name:
4. Click the green "Start Encode" button in the top left: a progress bar will let you know how much time is left. This may take a while depending on the length and resolution of your input video:
5. Upload the completed output video file to VidGrid - in most cases, processing the file with Handbrake will solve filesize and format issues. If you're still having trouble, please reach out to our support.