In VidGrid, you can edit captions that you’ve requested or uploaded from within the video player.
Video creators/editors can edit captions within the video
- Open a video with captions and open the caption slideout by clicking on the search icon.
- Double click on caption line or click the edit icon in the top right to enable edit.
- Make caption corrections and hit enter or click out of the text box to auto-save.
- To edit multiple lines, click tab to go to the next line instead of enter to save.
- Use spacebar to play the video when the caption sidebar is open.
- Click on the refresh icon in the top right when you are finished editing to display new caption file on the video.
Edit captions from the Dashboard:
- To edit captions on VidGrid, click on the caption dashboard on the player.
- Click on the “edit captions” icon next to the captions you would like to edit.
- You will then see your caption text with timestamps. Make any edits to your captions here, and click “save.”