In VidGrid, you can edit captions that you’ve requested or uploaded from within the video player.
Video creators/editors can edit captions within the video
- Open a video with captions and open the caption slideout by clicking on the search icon.
- Double click on caption line or click the edit icon in the top right to enable edit.
- Make caption corrections and hit enter or click out of the text box to auto-save.
- To edit multiple lines, click tab to go to the next line instead of enter to save.
- Use spacebar to play the video when the caption sidebar is open.
- Captions will automatically update on the player as you add them
Find and Replace
- Removing or replacing word(s) in a caption file can be done individually or all at once
- Search the term you are wanting to replace
- Select the Find and Replace icon
- Type in the word that will replace the search term
- If the search word is to be removed, leave the "Replace" text input blank
- Clicking "Replace" will replace the current queue selection (represented in blue)
- Clicking Replace All will trigger a confirmation that all terms will be replaced
- To remove fillers such as "uh" or "um" make sure you include a space before the word when it is searched or add a comma after (ie "um,") so that words that include those letters aren't affected (ie "number" or "jump")
Edit captions from the Dashboard:
- To edit captions on VidGrid, click on the caption dashboard on the player.
- Click on the “edit captions” icon next to the captions you would like to edit.
- You will then see your caption text with timestamps. Make any edits to your captions here, and click “save.”