As an Administrator, you have the ability to limit whether or not Creators on the account can request professional captioning for a video. You can also set a max number of minutes that they can request for a particular video.
These settings can be found under Account Settings > Org Settings > Closed-Captioning Service.
- Enable professional captioning service - this allows admins and creators to request human captions that will be applied to the video with 24 hours.
- Total professional captioning minutes available for your organization - credits for pro captions can be purchased to be utilized in the app. Reach out to your account rep.
- Allow creators to request professional captions - this option allows creators to use the professional captions. If this is de-selected, only VidGrid admins can request professional captions.
- Max video duration a creator is allowed to request professional captions for without admin approval - If you would like an admin to approve all professional caption requests, leave this at 0. If you increase the number, that means that a creator can request captions for videos under the minute limit without approval.
- When a new caption request is sent, the account admins will receive an email and an in-app notification. The request can be approved from the notification or from the Request Caption option on the video.
Note: We also offer the option for you to select a "captioning administrator" who will receive a notification every time a captioning request is made. They have the ability to approve or deny every request a Creator makes. If you are interested in this option, please contact VidGrid Support through the in-app chat.
Don't see captions enabled? Reach out to VidGrid support to talk about enabling captions.